Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Product Recommendation: Bronze Turkey Placecard Holders for Thanksgiving


Looking for something cute to dress up your Thanksgiving table this year? I recommend these antique bronze placecard holders from Tag. They come in packs of four, for $19.95 a package, with free shipping—if you buy them from Amazon.com. Their service is very fast; I got my placecard holders in a week’s time. So if you order this week, you’re sure to get them by Thanksgiving.

Each placecard holder is 3.13” high by 2.38” in width. These are very sturdy placecard holders, and are sure to last for many years to come. I’ve bought other Thanksgiving placecard holders in years past that were quite cute as well, but they just didn’t hold up and pieces started falling off or breaking. But these placecard holders are far more sturdy. Not only that, I like the antique bronze finish, which is a nice accent to most fall table settings. Also, I think the turkeys are super adorable, but not too “cutesy” if you’re having a more formal table setting.

Each box of four placecard holders comes with eight blank cards. These are your standard rectangular white placecard holders. I decided to get a little fancier, so I went to Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores of all time!) and bought some cream colored card stock and cut those out into rectangular shapes. The I wrote guests’ names on the cards using brown ink and my calligraphy pen. Next, I spray-mounted those onto larger rectangles, which I cut out of very sparkly, rust-colored card stock (which will match my table cloth and napkins quite well).

Not only are these placecard holders decorative, they are also very functional. We are having 25 people over for Thanksgiving this year. With large sit-down dinners like this, I like to decide ahead of time where everyone should sit—rather than just try to figure out after everyone arrives and dinner’s ready (and cooling down fast!) where everyone should sit. (Have you ever gone with a large group to a restaurant? Trying to figure out where everyone should sit can be a real challenge!) I like figuring dinner party seating in advance. It saves a lot of time, and you can put in some thought to ensuring people are sitting next to other guests they will enjoy talking with.

Well, that’s all for now. Just thought I’d recommend a nice product!

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment