Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Super-Moist Banana Nut Bread


I love banana bread! It’s delicious with a cup of coffee on a cool morning, or as one of the foods in a poolside brunch on a summer morning. My all-time favorite banana bread recipe is below. It is super-moist, and like many of the recipes I’ve posted on this blog, you can make it in advance and freeze it, and pull it out of the freezer as needed. Whenever we’ve got over-ripe bananas in our fruit bowl, I’ll often make up some of this banana bread and freeze it. It’s wonderful to have on hand when you’ve got overnight guests coming and you are in need of do-ahead breakfast foods. I am sure you will like it!

Super-Moist Banana Nut Bread

½ cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about 3 large)
1 ½ cups flour (I use ½ white flour, and ½ whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup chopped walnuts

Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat well. Stir in sour cream. Mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Finally, stir in the nuts. Bake in 2 greased loaf pans or muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes for loaf pans, or 25-30 minutes for muffins (or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).

Happy Baking!

~Becky

1 comment:

  1. This is a GREAT receipe. I was trying to find one to recreate the banana bread I got at the Hershey Lodge and this came pretty close.
    delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete